Welcome to our guide on how to cook a tomahawk steak like Gordon Ramsay! If you’re a fan of juicy, flavorful steaks and the culinary expertise of the legendary chef, then this post is for you.
For those unfamiliar with the tomahawk steak, it is a cut of beef ribeye that has a long bone attached to it, resembling a tomahawk axe. This cut is known for its rich marbling and intense flavor, making it a favorite among steak connoisseurs.
Cooking a tomahawk steak can be intimidating, but with the right techniques and some tips from Chef Ramsay, you’ll be able to prepare a mouthwatering meal that is sure to impress. In this post, we’ll cover everything you need to know to cook the perfect tomahawk steak, including the necessary equipment, ingredients, and step-by-step instructions.
So, let’s get started and learn how to cook a tomahawk steak like Gordon Ramsay!
- 1 tomahawk steak, at least 2 inches thick
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves (optional)
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Grill or grill pan
- Meat thermometer
- Take the tomahawk steak out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour. This will help the steak cook more evenly.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to high heat. If using a grill, make sure to clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Pat the tomahawk steak dry with paper towels and brush it lightly with olive oil on both sides. Season generously with salt and pepper, and add minced garlic and thyme sprigs if desired.
- Place the tomahawk steak on the hot grill or grill pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer your steak more well-done. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness: the internal temperature should be 130-135°F for medium-rare.
- Once the tomahawk steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness, remove it from the grill or grill pan and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the juices to redistribute and the steak to reach its optimal tenderness.
- Slice the tomahawk steak against the grain and serve with your choice of sides and sauces.
And there you have it – a perfectly cooked tomahawk steak like Gordon Ramsay! Whether you’re grilling for a special occasion or just want to treat yourself to a delicious meal, this recipe is sure to impress. Remember to let the steak rest before slicing and serving, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and sauces to find your own personal twist on this classic dish. Happy cooking! We’d love to hear about it in the comments. Share your experiences, tips, and any modifications you made to the recipe.