The dip is a classic combination of chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows. The breading gets nice and crispy around the edges from being dipped in the melted chocolate mixture. It’s easy to make with only five ingredients – it really doesn’t get simpler than that!
The “smores dip recipe” is a delicious dessert that is made with graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow. This recipe can be found on My Baking Addiction.
S’mores Dip is always a hit at parties! Serve with crackers graham, fruit, or your favorite sweets to enjoy this combination of melty chocolate and gooey, toasted marshmallows.
I know that when people think of parties, they usually think of savory dips, but I believe sweet dips are just as good for feeding a lot.
After example, if you serve something sweet like Toffee Apple Dip, your guests aren’t committing to a complete piece of cake or a whole cookie if they just take a mouthful or two.
Plus, who doesn’t think eating dips to be a lot of fun? You can always depend on me.
This S’mores Dip is the newest addition to my party menus, just in time for summer and all of the outside activities.
WHAT IS S’MORES DIP, EXACTLY?
S’mores are one of my favorite desserts. However, when you have a large group to feed, I don’t like preparing s’mores one at a time.
Instead, I prepare s’mores dishes like S’mores Cookies, S’mores Pie, or Golden Grahams S’mores, which can serve a bigger number of people with less work.
This S’mores Dip is my most recent s’mores-for-a-crowd experience, and it just may be the best party dip ever.
S’mores Dip is exactly what it says on the tin: a dippable s’mores variation! On the bottom, there’s a basic chocolate ganache, and on top, there are huge, toasting marshmallows. It’s ideal for dipping a graham cracker into!
Ingredients FOR S’MORES DIP
There are a few more Ingredients in my version of this popular dip than in some other variations I’ve tasted, but there’s a reason for that.
To create my S’mores Dip, you’ll need the following Ingredients:
- Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips, 2 cups
- 12 CUP HEAVY COOKER’S CREAM
- 12 teaspoon extract de vanille
- a pinch of salt
- 40 marshmallows (normal size)
Some chocolate chip and marshmallow dishes may have caught your eye. Right out of the oven, they will make a tasty dip, but the longer they sit, the less appealing the chocolate will get.
The dip really remains wonderfully dippable for a long time after adding some cream to the chocolate and creating a basic ganache beforehand. That means you can serve it at a party or at a movie night and it will keep everyone entertained throughout the evening!
Is Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips truly necessary?
Please believe me when I say that Ghirardelli chocolate chips should be used in this recipe.
I assure you that I am not being paid to say this. I tried Creating this dish using a variety of chocolate chips and found that none of them melted as well as the Ghirardelli chips did!
Allow yourself to indulge in these richer chocolate chips, since they will make a significant difference in the finished product.
Is it okay if I use small marshmallows?
You don’t want to put small marshmallows on top of your S’mores Dip, trust me.
Mini marshmallows are cute, and they could be what you have on hand, but they don’t work as well in this recipe. They don’t remain mushy long enough for the dip to be enjoyable!
You’ll thank me later if you use regular-size marshmallows.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO MAKE THIS PARTY YOUR FAVORITE?
Despite the fact that my S’mores Dip has a few more Ingredients than others you may have tried, I guarantee it is still really simple to prepare.
You’ll need the following equipment.
You’ll also need the following items in addition to the ones I mentioned:
- Ceramic or glass baking dish, 11 x 7 12 inch
- mixing bowl (medium)
- a little saucepan
- a spatula made of rubber
Creating this dish
Make the chocolate ganache foundation first.
Pour the cream into the saucepan after adding the chocolate chunks to the bowl. Warm the cream over low heat, just until it begins to boil. Don’t let it get to a boil!
Pour the heated cream over the chocolate chunks and set aside to cool for 3 minutes. Then take out your whisk and go to work. It would seem that the chocolate and cream will never come together, but believe me when I say that they will.
Add the vanilla and salt after the chocolate is smooth.
Spread the chocolate on the bottom of a greased baking dish and sprinkle the marshmallows on top evenly.
Bake the dip for 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows have slightly puffed up and become golden brown. Don’t go too far away from the marshmallows since they’ll quickly go from nicely toasted to scorched!
Allow 20 minutes for the dip to cool before diving in.
WHERE SHOULD THIS DIP BE SERVED?
And what should you get your teeth into?
The obvious option is crackers graham (baked crackers graham would be much better!) but don’t stop there!
Serve this dip with cookies, such vanilla wafers, or fresh fruit. Strawberry or pineapple would be fantastic.
Do you want to add a sweet-savory element to your dish? With Ritz crackers, serve your S’mores Dip!
REHEATING AND STORAGE
If you have any leftover S’mores Dip, let it cool fully before wrapping it tightly and refrigerating it for up to 3 days.
What is the best way to reheat S’mores Dip?
The oven is the best method to reheat leftover S’mores Dip.
Wrap the pan with foil and set it in a 400°F oven to warm it up. To prevent the marshmallows from burning, keep the top covered with foil.
You may also reheat the dip in the microwave, but do so with caution. Because marshmallows like to expand and do weird things in the microwave, only microwave it for 10 seconds at a time until it’s heated.
- Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips, 2 cups (other brands do not melt as well)
- 12 CUP HEAVY COOKER’S CREAM
- 12 teaspoon extract de vanille
- a pinch of salt
- 40 marshmallows (normal size) (not minis)
- crackers graham
- strawberries in season
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generously butter an Ceramic or glass baking dish, 11 x 7 12 inch.
- Place the chocolate chips into a mixing bowl (medium).
- In a a little saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the heavy cream until it just starts to barely simmer – take care not to overheat the cream. Once the cream is barely simmering, pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for about 3 minutes. After 3 minutes or so, use a whisk to incorporate the cream into the melting chocolate until the mixture is smooth. It may seem like it won’t come together, but I promise it will. Whisk in the vanilla and salt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Use a a spatula made of rubber to transfer the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover the top of the chocolate evenly with the marshmallows. This took about 40 marshmallows for my baking dish and they were tightly placed.
- Bake until the marshmallows have risen up and become golden brown in a preheated oven. This will take around 10 minutes, but keep a watch on it to avoid burning the marshmallows. Allow 20 minutes for the s’mores dip to chill before serving.
- Serve with crackers graham and strawberries in season.
- I tried this recipe with a variety of chocolate dips and discovered that Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips melted the best and had the greatest texture in the end.
- Once the dip is removed from the oven, the little marshmallows cool too rapidly. Regular marshmallows last significantly longer and are much more mushy.
- Return leftovers to the oven to reheat. Reheat at 400°F until warmed through, covered with foil.
The “s’mores bars” is a recipe for the classic dessert, s’mores. The ingredients are chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallow cream. You can dip them in melted chocolate or use them as a topping.
- 3 ingredient s mores dip
- s mores dip with cream cheese
- smores recipe
- who invented s’mores