Pizza sliders are a quick, easy and fun snack for the whole family. Add toppings such as pepperoni, mushroom, or bacon to your favorite pizza dough recipe for these delicious little snacks!
The “pizza sliders recipes” is a quick and easy recipe for pizza sliders. The recipe includes the ingredients, how to make them, and how long it takes to prepare the dish.
Caring is shared!
Pizza Sliders make pizza night a breeze any night of the week! Make these easy Hawaiian roll sliders with your family’s favorite pizza toppings for a lunch that will make everyone happy.
There are affiliate links in this post.
We’ve reached the point in the school year when there seems to be something going on every day.
Lunches to remember. Recitals. Tests in karate. Field trips. The list might go on forever.
We either have just enough time to eat before we have to go on to the next event, or I’m so exhausted that I don’t want to think about cooking.
It’s a “sliders to the rescue” sort of supper on evenings like today.
We sometimes make our beloved Ham and Cheese Sliders. Cheeseburger Sliders are another option. It’s been these ridiculously simple Pizza Sliders lately.
Whatever recipe we select, I know that Hawaiian roll sliders will be fast and simple to prepare and a supper that we will all appreciate.
PIZZA SLIDERS THAT ARE SUPER EASY
It seems like having a special pizza night is basically a rule if you have kids.
To be honest, we don’t normally have homemade pizza on pizza night at our house. Even though I like preparing my own Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, it’s more of a rare occasion around us these days.
Pizza Sliders or Pepperoni Bread, on the other hand? Now there are some easy “pizza” recipes I can whip up to turn any weekday into homemade pizza night.
These Pizza Sliders take around 10 minutes to prepare and just 20 minutes to bake. That means I’ll be able to serve supper in 30 minutes.
With a fast green salad and homemade ranch or blue cheese dressing, you’ve got a whole supper that everyone will like.
PIZZA SLIDERS: HOW TO MAKE THEM
Don’t trust me when I say they take 10 minutes to make? Allow me to demonstrate how we create our favorite pepperoni sliders!
Ingredients for sliders
Pizza Sliders with a lot of pepperoni are my family’s favorite. You’ll need the following items to produce this version:
- King’s Hawaiian rolls: For sliders, there is no finer bun than King’s Hawaiian rolls. The size is ideal, and I like the little sweetness they provide to the sandwiches. If you like, they also produce genuine slider buns that you may use.
- Pizza sauce or marinara sauce: Use your favorite store-bought pizza sauce or marinara sauce, or make your own basic tomato sauce.
- Sliced pepperoni: Any sliced pepperoni will do, but I like to blend conventional pepperoni with thinly sliced deli pepperoni if I’m feeling fancy.
- Mozzarella and parmesan cheeses are two of my favorite cheeses to use in this dish. The mozzarella cheese melts well, and the parmesan adds a wonderful nutty taste.
- Pizza seasoning: My favorite pizza seasoning is King Arthur Flour Pizza Seasoning, but you may use anything you choose.
- Butter: For brushing the tops of the buns, we’ll need butter!
- Garlic and Italian spice: A little garlic and Italian seasoning on the tops of the sliders also adds some excellent taste.
To discover more about incorporating your family’s favorite pizza toppings in this dish, scroll down to “ADDITIONAL TOPPING IDEAS.”
Creating this dish
You can create these sliders if you can sprinkle cheese and stack pepperoni.
Begin by making your rolls. Instead of pulling them apart, slice them in half with a large serrated knife, exactly like a bagel, to create distinct tops and bottoms.
Place the rolls’ bottoms on a prepared baking sheet or a big oiled baking dish. About half of the pizza sauce should be spread on top.
In a mixing dish, combine the two cheeses. Half of the cheese should be sprinkled over the sauce. Place the pepperoni on top, then the remaining cheese.
Place the tops on the sliders and spread the remaining pizza sauce over the undersides of the roll tops.
Melt the butter and add the garlic, Italian seasoning, and a bit of salt & pepper to taste. Brush this evenly over the sliders’ tops.
Cook the sliders for 15-20 minutes in the oven. The cheese should be lovely and melty, and the tops should be slightly toasted.
After removing the sliders out of the oven, I like to sprinkle some more parmesan cheese over the tops. There is no such thing as too much cheese!
ADDITIONAL TOPPING IDEAS
Pizza Sliders with tons of cheese and pepperoni are a favorite of mine and my family. You may, however, utilize your family’s preferred pizza toppings!
You may either put other toppings on top of the pepperoni or leave it out entirely.
The following toppings would be fantastic in this recipe:
- green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- red pepper roasted
- onion, thinly sliced
- Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- jalapeo slices
- olives noires
- Bacon from Canada
- Pineapple, crushed
- And more!
Just make sure any vegetables you add are finely chopped, particularly fresh vegetables.
I suppose if you like cold leftover pizza, you won’t mind eating these cold leftover sliders.
However, I like to reheat the leftovers.
Pizza Sliders may be reheated by covering them in foil and baking them at 350°F for 10 minutes. You can also reheat them in your air fryer; I generally do it at 350°F for approximately 5 minutes.
- 2 packets (12 count) King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 jar pizza sauce or marinara sauce (13 oz.) OR about 12 cup homemade sauce
- 8 oz. pepperoni, sliced
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6-8 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 12 teaspoons seasoning for pizza
To make the icing:
- 2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 fresh garlic clove, coarsely minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning (Italian)
- Pinch of salt & pepper
Optional extra toppings include:
- bell pepper, thinly sliced
- red pepper roasted
- onion, thinly sliced
- Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- …and more!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using cooking spray, coat a large baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet. Place aside.
- Instead of pulling the rolls apart, cut them in half with a big serrated knife like a bagel, removing the tops from the bottoms. Place the bottoms, cut side up, in the prepared baking pan.
- Combine the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, as well as the pizza spice, in a mixing bowl.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce evenly over the bottom layer of the rolls and top with half of the cheese mixture. Over the cheese, layer the pepperoni, then top with the remaining cheese. Add the roll tops on top.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and add the garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper.
- Brush the mixture over the tops of the sliders.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned on top. Optionally, right after taking the sliders from the oven, grate some more parmesan cheese on top.
- Combine regular pepperoni with thinly sliced deli pepperoni for a unique flavor!
- If you want to add more toppings, do so after you’ve layered on the pepperoni, or eliminate the pepperoni entirely if you want a different blend of toppings.
Pizza sliders are a great idea for a quick and easy meal. They’re also delicious! This recipe is perfect for the whole family. Reference: pizza sliders delish.
- pizza sliders hawaiian rolls
- pizza sliders tiktok
- cheese pizza sliders
- pizza sliders taste of home
- make ahead pizza sliders